General Terms & Conditions
By using the Animal website you are acknowledging your acceptance of these terms and conditions:
General Terms and Conditions
You are using the Animal website at your own risk.
- Animal does not assume any liability arising from your use of the website.
- While we always strive to provide you with accurate information, we will not assume any responsibility for errors or omissions on our website, or for any failure to update it.
- We reserve the right to change or eliminate any part of our website without notice.
Animal owns all Intellectual Property on the Animal website.
- All logos and trade names on the Animal website are the property of Animal.
- All artwork and text on the Animal website are Animal’s property.
- Any feedback and ideas submitted by users become Animal’s property.
The Animal website is intended for use in the UK and subject to UK law.
Any existing links to third parties are not to be deemed an endorsement by Animal, and Animal assumes no responsibility for the content or use of third party websites.
- This site is owned by Animal, a trading division of H.Young (Operations) Limited, a company registered in England and Wales.
- The company’s registered number is 706712 and its registered office is: Buckingham House, West Street, Newbury RG14 1BD, United Kingdom.
- The company’s VAT number is 578 4195 93.
Specific Animal Online Shop Terms and Conditions
If you are making a purchase at the Animal Online Shop you are acknowledging your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Whilst we always try to ensure the accuracy of the prices on the Animal Online Shop, there will inevitably be rare occasions when we make a mistake. If we discover any errors in the price of goods before we accept your order, we will notify you as soon as possible and give you the option to resubmit your order at the correct price, select alternative products or cancel your order.
- Prices are as set out on the website and include VAT at the current rate. We reserve the right to alter prices at any time.
Promotional codes can be redeemed on the ‘Your Bag’ page. Simply enter the code in the box provided and click ‘Apply.’
Please note: all promotional codes should be entered in ‘UPPERCASE’ format. When redeeming a promotion code the following items are excluded from the offer:
- eGift vouchers
- Promotional codes cannot be redeemed against discounted products (this includes products within the Animal Outlet).
We reserve the right to alter and end promotional codes at any time.
eGift Vouchers: Terms and Conditions
- eGift vouchers are only valid in the Animal Online Shop and cannot be used in Animal stores, outlets or any other store.
- eGift vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of purchase. It is not possible to extend the expiry date.
- The recipient cannot use an eGift voucher to purchase another eGift voucher.
- eGift vouchers have a cash redemption value of 0.001p, regardless of their value.
- eGift vouchers are personal to the recipient, and are not transferable or assignable.
- eGift vouchers cannot be cancelled once they have been purchased.
- If a product to be returned was purchased using an eGift voucher and a top up payment from a credit / debit card, the recipient will be credited by reversing the original payment methods.
- Animal Online Shop reserves the right to close customer accounts and request alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained eGift voucher is redeemed through the Animal Online Shop.
- E- Gift Vouchers can only be purchased and redeemed in the UK.
- The Animal Online Shop will accept full responsibility for items lost or damaged whilst in transit.
- In the unlikely event of a delay receiving your order please contact us within 21 days of placing the order to allow us to track this efficiently. For any lost orders to be replaced or refunded, please allow 15 working days from date the delivery was due for the courier to investigate, process the claim and declare as lost.
- Next working day delivery orders placed Monday to Friday before 2pm will be delivered the next working day. (This doesn’t include bank holidays.) Orders placed outside of these times will be processed the following working day.
- Please note – British Forces Post Office/address (BFPO) orders can only be delivered on the standard delivery service. BFPO orders cannot be tracked.
- Please note during busy sale periods the dispatch of your order may take up to 2-3 working days.
All returned items must:
- Be returned undamaged and in a saleable condition within 28 days of the dispatch date.
- Include all labels and swing tags.
- Only items purchased at the Animal Online Shop can be returned to the Animal Online Shop.
- Items bought from the Animal Online Shop cannot be returned to stores.
- For hygiene reasons underwear is non-returnable. Swimwear can only be returned with the hygiene label intact. Wetsuits can only be returned if labelling and packaging is intact and unused.
- Items can only be returned free of charge from within the UK.
- The cost of the item will be refunded as soon as the returned items have been checked and found to be in order.
The Animal Online Shop cannot exchange items. To change an item you will need to:
- Return it according to the procedure outlined in the returns section of the website.
- Place a new order for the replacement item.
Free gift with purchase
If you wish to return all or part of an order qualifying for a free gift with purchase, then the free gift must also be returned if it results in the total value of your order falling below the qualifying spend threshold. Alternatively, you may pay the RRP of the free gift. In these circumstances, refunds will not be processed until the free gift is returned or payment made.
UK households dispose of over 1.2 million tonnes of electrical and electronic waste every year. This is equivalent to 150,000 double-decker buses, and is enough to fill the new Wembley Stadium 6 times over, and over 75% of it ends up in landfill sites.
Under the WEEE Regulations (-Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment), all new electrical goods now have to be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin. Any product that requires electricity or batteries to enable it to perform its primary function would be classed as Electrical or Electronic Equipment (EEE). This includes our watches.
Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste, so that they can be recycled, rather than being sent to landfill.
Animal has chosen to join the ‘Distributor Take Back Scheme’. Through this scheme, we pay towards improving recycling facilities for our consumers, so that our consumers can take their old electrical equipment (our watches, for example) to household waste recycling centres run by their local councils, where they’ll be recycled, rather than going to landfill.
You can find where to recycle electrical products in your area by visiting www.recycle-more.co.uk
Animal takes the privacy of its customers very seriously. This statement explains our privacy and the data protection practices. It is important for Animal to safeguard its customers' privacy while providing a personalised and valuable service. Collecting personal information is necessary if we are to satisfy the expectations and requirements of our customers e.g. by communicating with them and providing an interactive service. This site is provided and managed by Animal.
This statement only applies to Animal websites at www.animal.co.uk and shop.animal.co.uk. Animal fully complies with the Data Protection Act 1998. Animal is registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner for those purposes for which personal information is collected on this website. Animal will only collect personal information when you specifically and knowingly provide it to us. Examples of personal information are:
- a) Your name
- b) Your address
- c) Your telephone number
- d) Your email address
The personal information that you provide will only be used to contact you regarding the order(s) that you place with Animal.
Aggregate or summary information is collected automatically by our analytics system e.g. The number of visitors to the site. This information is used to monitor the performance and use of the website. The information is collected anonymously. This website contains links to other websites. Please be notified that Animal cannot be held responsible for the privacy practises of other websites. We encourage all visitors to be aware and read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Animal may change this privacy statement at any time. You are advised to read this statement each and every time so that you are satisfied with the privacy conditions under which you provide Animal with your personal information.
Signing up to Animal news
By signing up to receive Animal news you give us permission to use your personal information to send you marketing materials via email and/or post. Don’t worry; we will not share this data with any third parties.
It’s easy to unsubscribe from these updates at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of our emails. Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from our mailing list.