Terms & Conditions
By using the Animal website you are acknowledging your acceptance of these terms and conditions:
General terms and conditions
You are using the Animal website at your own risk.
- Animal does not assume any liability arising from your use of the website.
- While we always strive to provide you with accurate information, we will not assume any responsibility for errors or omissions on our website, or for any failure to update it.
- We reserve the right to change or eliminate any part of our website without notice.
Animal owns all Intellectual Property on the Animal website.
- All logos and trade names on the Animal website are the property of Animal.
- All artwork and text on the Animal website are Animal’s property.
- Any feedback and ideas submitted by users become Animal’s property.
The Animal website is intended for use in the UK and subject to UK law.
Any existing links to third parties are not to be deemed an endorsement by Animal, and Animal assumes no responsibility for the content or use of third party websites.
- This site is owned by Animal, a trading division of H.Young (Operations) Limited, a Company registered in England and Wales.
- The companies registered number is 706712 and its registered office is at Buckingham House, West Street, Newbury RG14 1BD, United Kingdom.
- The companies VAT number is 578 4195 93.
Specific Animal Online Shop terms and conditions
If you are making a purchase at the Animal Online Shop you are acknowledging your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Whilst we always try to ensure the accuracy of the prices on the Animal Online Shop, there will inevitably be rare occasions when we make a mistake. If we discover any errors in the price of goods before we accept your order, we will notify you as soon as possible and give you the option to resubmit your order at the correct price, select alternative products or cancel your order.
When redeeming a promotion code the following items are excluded from the offer:
- GoPro cameras and accessories
- All items in Sale
- Wetsuits and technical rash vests
- E-Gift Vouchers
Promotional codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Full price items only.
Please note that the promotional code is case sensitive.
- E-Gift Vouchers are only valid in the Animal Online Shop and cannot be used in Animal stores or any other stores.
- E-Gift Vouchers are valid for 12 months. It is not possible to extend the expiry date.
- The recipient cannot use an E-Gift Voucher to purchase another E-Gift Voucher.
- E-Gift Vouchers have a cash redemption value of 0.001p, regardless of their value.
- E-Gift Vouchers are personal to the recipient, and are not transferable or assignable.
- E-Gift Vouchers cannot be cancelled once they have been purchased.
- Any unused balanced will be placed in the recipient’s account as an Animal Online Shop credit and is not transferable. The Online Shop credit balance can be viewed at any time in the “My Account” section of the site.
- The Animal Online Shop reserves the right to cancel any Online Shop credit account that has been inactive for 24 months. It is not possible to extend the expiry date.
- If an item that was purchased using an E-Gift Voucher is returned, the recipient’s Online Shop credit account will be credited with the amount redeemed to make the original purchase.
- If the product that has been returned was purchased using an E-Gift Voucher and a top up payment from a credit / debit card, the recipient will be credited by reversing the original payment.
- Animal Online Shop reserves the right to close customer accounts and request alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained E-Gift Voucher is redeemed through the Animal Online Shop.
- Each E-Gift Voucher claim code can only be redeemed once.
- The Animal Online Shop will accept full responsibility for items lost or damaged whilst in transit.
- In the unlikely event of a delay receiving your order please contact us within 21 days of placing the order to allow us to track this efficiently. For any lost orders to be replaced or refunded, please allow 15 working days from date the delivery was due for the courier to investigate, process the claim and declare as lost.
- Please note – British Forces Post Office/address (BFPO) orders can only be delivered on the standard delivery service. BFPO orders cannot be tracked.
- Please note during busy sale periods the despatch of your order may take up to 2-3 working days
All returned items must:
- Be returned undamaged and in a saleable condition
- Include all labels and swing tags
- Include a completed reasons for return section of the returns form
- Only items purchased at the Animal Online Shop can be returned to the Animal Online Shop.
- Items bought from the Animal Online Shop cannot be returned to stores.
- For hygiene reasons underwear is non-returnable. Swimwear can only be returned with the hygiene label intact. Wetsuits can only be returned if labelling and packaging is intact and unused.
- Items can only be returned free of charge from within the UK
- The cost of the item will be refunded as soon as the returned items have been checked and found to be in order.
- We guarantee a ‘no-quibble’ refund for any items you may not be completely satisfied with. Just return your order within 28 days of the despatch date.
The Animal Online Shop cannot exchange items. To change an item you will need to:
- Return it according to the procedure outlined in the returns section of the website
- Place a new order for the replacement item
UK households dispose of over 1.2 million tonnes of electrical and electronic waste every year.
This is equivalent to 150,000 double-decker buses, and is enough to fill the new Wembley Stadium 6 times over, and over 75% of it ends up in landfill sites.
Under the WEEE Regulations (-Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment), all new electrical goods now have to be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown below. Any product that requires electricity or batteries to enable it to perform its primary function would be classed as Electrical or Electronic Equipment (EEE). This includes our watches.
Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste, so that they can be recycled, rather than being sent to landfill.
Animal has chosen to join the ‘Distributor Take Back Scheme’. Through this scheme, we pay towards improving recycling facilities for our consumers, so that our consumers can take their old electrical equipment (our watches, for example) to household waste recycling centres run by their local councils, where they’ll be recycled, rather than going to landfill.
You can find where to recycle electrical products in your area by visiting www.recycle-more.co.uk/
Copyright and Reproduction Notices
This web site may contain other proprietary notices (such as moral rights and trade mark notices) and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. Unless otherwise stated, all of the content of this web site is copyright of Animal. You may download to a local hard disk and print extracts from this web site only for personal use and information.
You may duplicate downloaded extracts from this web site to other for their personal use only. In particular, none of the content of this web site may be copied or in any way incorporated into any other web site, database, publication or other work in any form whatsoever.
Animal makes no representations or warranties whatsoever about any of the content of this web site or about content of any other web site which you may access by hypertext link through this web site. When you access any other web site by means of a link from this web site you should understand that your access to that other web site is independent of Animal and Animal has no control over the content of the web site, nor does Animal in any way endorse or approve the content of that web site. In no event will Animal be liable to you or any other person for loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, special or other) for any use of this web site or of any site linked to it by means of hypertext of otherwise.
Animal takes the privacy of its customers very seriously. This statement explains our privacy and the data protection practices. It is important for Animal to safeguard its customers privacy while providing a personalised and valuable service. Collecting personal information is necessary if we are to satisfy the expectations and requirements our customers e.g. by communicating with them and providing an interactive service. This site is provided and managed by Animal.
This statement only applies to Animal website’s at www.animal.co.uk and shop.animal.co.uk. Animal fully complies with the Data Protection Act 1998. Animal is registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner for those purposes for which personal information is collected on this web site. Animal will only collect personal information when you specifically and knowingly provide it to us. Examples of personal information are:
a) Your name
b) Your address
c) Your telephone number
d) Your email address
The personal information that you provide will only be used to contact you regarding the order(s) that you place with Animal. During the process of placing an order you will also be given the opportunity to opt-in to updates via e-mail from Animal. You can unsubscribe from these updates at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link within each e-mail.
Aggregate or summary information is collected automatically by our analytics system e.g. The number of visitors to the site. This information is used to monitor the performance and use of the web site. The information is collected anonymously.
This web site contains links to other web sites. Please be notified that Animal cannot be held responsible for the privacy practises of other web sites. We encourage all visitors to be aware and read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Animal may change this privacy statement at any time. You are advised to read this statement each and every time so that you are satisfied with the privacy conditions under which you provide Animal with your personal information.